Position - Social Welfare Officer
A vacancy exists for a part-time Social Welfare Officer who is highly organised to work with clients to access information and community based supports and services. You will need to demonstrate recent relevant experience, a high level of communication, an ability to work autonomously and contribute as an effective team member.
· Assisting people with MS and their families with sourcing information about services and entitlements.
· Participation in some case management.
· Fostering relevant networks with other community based organisations and government departments.
· Referring clients and their families to other service providers where required.
· Providing advocacy and support to benefit our clients.
This position is based in Mawson Lakes and will provide services across SA. A current SA driver’s licence and a satisfactory National Police Certificate is essential.
Relevant experience in the social work, behavioural or health related areas are essential. Knowledge of the community and disability sectors are advantageous.
Confidential enquiries can be made to Helen McCarl on (08) 8392 0103.
A Job & Person Specification can be downloaded from here
Applications should be via Seek or by post to Helen McCarl, PO Box 39, Christies Beach, SA 5165 by COB 28th May 2015.