We currently have a vacancy for a full-time self-motivated Assistant Accountant to be based in our Mawson Lakes head office. To be considered, you will have extensive general accounting experience particularly in general ledger journals, accounts payable, accounts receivable, reconciliations, payroll and financial reporting. The primary focus of this role includes the following but is not limited to:
- Processing of Accounts Payable to include liaising with vendors and reconciliations.
- Responsible for the Accounts Receivable function to include raising of invoices, reconciliation and debt collection
- Assisting in the preparation of month-end journals and reconciliation of accounts;
- Assisting in the Payroll services;
- Assisting in the preparation of regulatory requirements such as FBT, GST and BAS and reconciliation thereof;
To be successful in this role, you will need to have:
- Degree qualified in Finance or Accounting
- At least 3 years of proven general accounting experience with a medium to large organisation.
- Proven experience in accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll and financial reporting functions and understanding of GST legislations.
- Previous significant experience in various recognised accounting software or programs.
- Competent in Microsoft Office suite
- Good communication skills-both written and verbal
- High attention to detail.
- Proven ability to function as a positive team member.
- Satisfactory National Police Certificate.
Previous work experience in a not-for-profit organisation and Microsoft GP Dynamics is highly desirable.
An attractive remuneration package will be provided to the successful applicant, including salary sacrifice benefits.
Please send your application which will include your resume and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria identified in the Position Description via seek.com.au. The Position Description can be downloaded from HERE.
For confidential enquiries relating to this position please contact the CFO, Josie Cajipe on (08) 7002 6500.
Applications close at 5.00 pm on Friday, May 30, 2014